Zuhra is a Sub-County Home Economics Extension and Training Officer. Zuhra has been the focal person in Kisumu County, responsible for the selection, organising, and coordinating all the SHA activities on the ground like:
- Mobilising farmer groups and facilitating the trainings.
- Coordinating all the support SHA has given the groups like distributing cuttings, farm inputs and even equipment.
- Organised and coordinated the only cassava field day done in Kisumu county in 2014
- Coordinated the selection of group members and participated in the tour to Busia county exchange visit.
- Mobilised other extension staffs to support SHA project through facilitating and providing extension services.
- Linked SHA farmer groups with other service providers to enhance impact and diversification.
Zuhra has plans to empower farmers, farmer groups and private entrepreneurs to have sustainability by establishing village cottages through diversification, processing preservation and marketing for local and export market.