Marshal Papworth Short Course – Harper Adams University – 2019
Job is a Project Officer for Self-Help Africa based in Nairobi, Kenya. He attended Egerton University in 2015 – Qualification BSc Agribusiness Management.
His job involves working with programme coordinators and his roles and responsibilities are:
• Work with Programme Coordinators to ensure that Nutrition, Gender and social inclusion, enterprise development and natural resource management issues are effectively mainstreamed in all activities.
• Facilitate linkages to loan and credit facilities for emerging enterprises (e.g. if appropriate credit and savings schemes or formal loans from micro-credit banks. Build linkages with financial institutions)
• In liaison with the M&E officers, document and share lessons learned and best practices with partners, stakeholders and SHA.
• Work closely with Government institutions at the County level to support SHAs work.
• Provide appropriate and timely updates to key stakeholders including the Head of
Programmes, and Programme Manager on project implementation.
• Manage the implementation of all aspects of the programme in their respective geographical areas, including detailed work planning and monitoring.
Job hopes to gain knowledge on the use of information technology as a key component in disseminating extension services to farmers in his region. Agriculture being a devolved component extension services has become a challenge, thus introduction of IT will assist in reaching more farmers at the same time leading to commercialising agriculture.